Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stolen Heart.

Peaceful river, calming seas. The envy of strength, the envy of freedom, the envy of pure happiness. Caging myself, I know I must go. Unlock the door that’s been bolted for so long, open up my heart again. Show me what’s true, what’s right, what’s imaginable.

To be at peace. To genuinely smile. To be happy.

Prickles underneath skin, like rats scurrying through disposes, that cover my body, be gone. Let go of me. I’m no longer your prisoner, or shouldn’t be. I am stronger than you, I am bigger than you, I can overcome you. You are darkness. I am light, I have the light, just masked. Scurry back to your shadow, scurry back to your grounds, leave my heart alone. Give it back to me.

I lost it long ago, in the elevated mountains. The wide range, the beauty of snow, us standing above nine clouds. Lost in the sky, embraced by its beauty, you stole me and then brought me back down. Inspired by the beauty, yet I cannot climb back myself. I need you here with me. No, I don’t.

Give me my heart back. Leave it as it once was.

Destroyed, broken, confused. Crushed, lost, bleeding.

Throw me in a river, toss me in the sea. An ocean, a lake, the water can see me. Seep through my veins, detoxify my love, creating peace. Calm. Calm, my child. The day will come and you will know silence.

No comments: