Monday, August 20, 2012

The Caves.

Stranded, a hole, dark surroundings. It’s a reclusive sanctuary, full of deep thought and demons, yet glimmers of hope of being found. Glittering glimmers degrade upon no arrival. Come and go, left and alone in seclusion yet again.

A cave in the mountain is my home. Secrets. Sneaks. All of a sudden, hidden, stuck, suicide of the soul, suicide of the mind. A craveless, lifeless shell in the deepest, darkest caves.

Hidden, but here.
Sad, but strong.
Present, but gone.

Darkeness in the cave. It torments. It pulls, begs, attaches, the kiss of death. Shallow waters; in it, darkness lives. Creatures full of manipulation and stealth. It knows. They know. Every secret, every thought. Sucking the life out of every cell in my body.

Too strong for words, they’re easier to commit to than to rebel against. Easier to please than to disobey. The darkness. It secludes me. Overtakes me.

I follow.

Rain outside the cave proves there is feeling in the world. Mist hits my face, making me wonder where the line between fabrication and truth lie. I’m here alone, but even nature knows emotion. Sometimes, better than I.

I know darkness, and it knows me.
But darkness, it knows me best.

No comments: