Sunday, October 18, 2009

Remembrance.

When you go through something in your life, there is always some thing in the future that will reflect on the past. Maybe it’s a person, maybe it’s a smell. But whatever it is, it’s remembrance.

I remember the first time I ever wrote something really meaningful. I was sitting on the bus on my way home, thinking about everything that had been happening in my life. A song started playing on my iPod, blasting loud into my ears. There was this one verse that triggered a lot of emotions. I kept on rewinding it, listening to it over and over again. It was so intense it actually brought tears to my eyes. I got off the bus and started walking down my street. Still replaying the song again and again, I looked down and saw a leaf on the road. And just as I was feeling, the leaf looked. It was totally broken, had been thrown all over the place by the wind, and was just a complete a mess.

I have this thing about symbolism. I can see something and relate it to something even deeper without realizing it. I overanalyze things just as much. So when I heard the lyrics of the song, then the leaf on the road, my mind went crazy. I got inside my house and for the first time, felt that compelling desire to write. So I did. And there began this entire.. Thing. My need to write; my love to write.

Recently, the song has been playing on the radio quite a bit. I put in a CD and it was on the track. And that one line, the one same line that impacted me seven months ago, still makes my heart tighten a little.

The things you’ve been through may be better than worse. Or they maybe worse than better. It will always be your past and there will always be things that come up and remind you of events that happened in your life. If you weren’t supposed to remember them, you wouldn’t. But you were given a mind, a memory, all to help you remember your lifetime.

Not one other person in the world has lived your life. Not one has your story. YOU own it, only you. There may not be ways to express your views to someone else only because they don’t have your mind. It’s as simple, but at the same time so complex, as that.

Remembrance; it impacts all of us in the smallest of ways.

No comments: