Sunday, October 18, 2009

Steubenville, Atlanta 2009.

There are always going to be times when you feel like no one is around. Where there seems to be no one to comfort you when you are crying, calm you when you are scared. But there is one person who is always constant. And that person is God.



Steubenville, Atlanta 2009. Nothing like it in the world.



“You’re stuck in a thorn bush, trying to get out. But every time you try to free yourself, you get struck with your sins- the thorns. Then Jesus sees you. He is mighty enough to take a sword and cut you out, but instead He pulls the thorn bushes from around you with His bare hands. The thorns cut deep into his skin but He still persists because He doesn’t want to risk hurting you with the sword. He would rather take the pain to save you, his child, from your hurt.” (Mark Hart)



God touched me, and everyone else, in so many ways this past weekend. I learned an immense amount about myself and I struggled with battles that had been constantly going on inside me. I can’t even begin to explain what Steubenville changed inside me. And this time, I really am changing things about myself.

God cares about you. He cares about you more than anyone else in the world ever could. He has a grand plan for you, only for you. You were created perfect in his eyes- absolutely perfect. It’s hard to understand but it’s true.

There used to be only two people I absolutely needed to live in this world. Now, it’s three.

He works wonders, let Him do it on you.

No comments: