Saturday, January 3, 2015

Rise Pt. 2: Reflection.

Societal demand
for pressures unclear,
tell me, Power:
Why are we here?

Divided by potential,
atoms will flock to their like
creating, destroying,
tell me, Power:
How is my mind?

Beautiful, Power,
Is that what I am?
Passion, Power,
Is that what I have?

Mystic mind, oh one,
tantalizing touch,
crafted abilities fostered,
much less by luck.

I draw to you, Power:
Am I alone in this game?
Or are there others like me,
minds constantly running away.
Thoughts flourish of what is;
You are my higher belief.

Power, enlighten me,
provide me with grief.
Allow me to grow,
to silence unfold,
to create by your will,
to feel emotions' ounce,
take it all in and dwell.

Essential, I am taught,
Do you carve my path?
Superior, Power:
Is that who I am?

The mirrors don't speak,
they reflect none but me,
freckle by freckle
answers appear.

Where are you, Power?
Are you what I see?
Pupils dilate,
it's just my reflection—
Power staring back at me.

No comments: