Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Newsflash?

When everything feels like its crashing, what do you do? Sit there, having pity for yourself? Stand up and take it? Allow others to walk over you, take advantage of you? Or are you like me, where you break down to what you feel is an all-time low, like you’ve hit rock bottom and nothing in this worldly power can bring you back up to where you need to be.
Well, I’ve got a big newsflash:
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged. For the LORD your God will be with you, wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
Read it again.

Now take it all in. Do you really understand what it means? Truly in your heart? Or do they seem like nothing but words? Because they are the least of that. It’s saying that everything you do, everything that happens to you, is in God’s hands. He is guiding you through everything, even the terribly tough things. And even though you feel like you’re nothing more than useless, vulnerable, and weak, He means for you to feel like that. It may not make sense, but we go through the things we do only so we can come out a better, stronger individual.
I was hysterically crying, barely able to gasp for breath. My face was red, puffy, and streaked with eyeliner, mascara, and eye shadow. Someone next to me just took my head into his hands and rested it on his shoulder. I heard, “Cry it all out until there’s nothing left inside of you. Feel nothing but weakness and cleanliness. Let it all out, until you’re eyes are dry of tears. He needs this from you. You’re finally beginning to let Him in with your tears. You’re breaking down to nothing, only so He can start off with a clean slate in order to build you up larger and stronger in His great image.”
I still hear those words and feel those feelings. And through the beginning of this fulfilling journey, I’ve already been faced with numerous things. I’ve had to make tough decisions, correctly. I’ve had to own up to myself. I’ve had to forgive and love even when it seemed nearly impossible. I had to ask for help, which was the most difficult of them all. I’ve always depended on myself and I refused to let anyone tell me otherwise, make me do otherwise. I must to say, asking those few simple words took SO MUCH off of me. I was afraid of feeling needy and helpless, but the response I received made me feel far from that. I’ve begun to overcome one of my internal battles.. There needs to be people in your life whom you can feel comfortable leaning on. I had two and both left. She left me for drugs, sex, and alcohol. He left me, himself, and everything he that he stood for, only for something that is bringing him down and putting him in more danger than ever before. I don’t trust many people. That’s the basis of the fact, of all the facts.
We all seem to show the opposite of what we’re feeling, or feel the opposite of what we’re showing. I know I do.

But next time, instead of faking content, happiness, and stability, don’t be afraid to be vulnerable. Don’t be afraid to have courage. Don’t feel discouraged because you feel as if you are alone and no one understands you and what you’re going through. There is no reason for it. Because whatever happens, there is always one person in the world who knows what’s processing in that little mind- And that one person is God. His weakness is stronger than our strongest faith, all of our strongest faith- COMBINED.
So here’s a newsflash. Everything you’re feeling right now? At this exact moment? It’s meant to be that way. Don’t be afraid to take it on, whether it’s good or bad. You’re meant to have it.

It’s not to be any other way. Period.

No comments: