Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Symbolism.

'Always' by Saliva.. I kept listening to it over and over again trying to figure it out. There's this line that kept repeating in my head.
"I wrap my hand around your heart, why would you tear my world apart"
I realized it doesn't always have to pertain to a 'someone', but a 'something'. It's like, you put so much trust into something and give it your all every time. But all it does is bring you down and further than you ever were before.. and there's no way of getting back, or even higher, to where you were before everything just collapsed.
I was walking down my street and when I was almost to my house I saw this leaf in the middle of the culdesac. It was obvious that it had been messed around with for a while, being tossled by the wind and rain and being crushed under the tires of cars. But with all that, it wasn't broken. It was still in one piece.
It means you can't let everything tear you down. You're still there in the end and if you pull through long enough everything will fix itself.
The rain will dry, the wind will subside, the marks of everything that ran over you will still be there but they act as a reminder to stay where you are and to not fall to a lower level in order to, what you think, will fix it all.
It just seemed like this obvious symbolism for life and how we take it, control it, harness it.Take it into consideration.

No comments: